NOM Mark Services
Product certifications based on Mexican Official Standards (NOM) and Mexican Standards (NMX)
UL is an independent organization with more than a century of experience in product safety and compliance evaluation, among which are product certifications based on Mexican Official Standards (Normas Oficiales Mexicanas – NOM) and Mexican Standards (Normas Mexicanas – NMX).
In August 2010,the Ministry of Economy published an executive order that recognized the equivalence of certain U.S. and Canadian issued certifications with those issued in accordance to the Mexican Official Standards by Mexican certification organizations.
Learn more about this order and UL’s response (Spanish content).
Conformity assessment determines the compliance degree with NOM, NMX and international standards. Also included, are other specifications, prescriptions, or features comprising product samples, tests, certification and surveillance (follow-up).
The decision to grant, maintain, extend, suspend, cancel or refuse a certification to a product is made based on sustainable technical foundations, the information gathered during the compliance evaluation process, results obtained during surveillance (follow-up) visits, and other relevant data.
The corresponding procedures* to grant, keep, extend, suspend, cancel or refuse a certification are available prior to issuing a written application to UL de México, S.A. de C.V. NOM program owner. Upon request a consultation will be performed by UL personnel.
The following product categories all require mandatory certification:
- Information technology equipment
- Consumer electronics
- Lighting products
- Medical devices (NOM Mark)
- Wire and cable
- Industrial control equipment
The product certification process:
An overview of the scope and process steps involved to gain NOM certification
- Accredited standards
- Certification Schemes
- General considerations for NOM Certification
- Required documentation and available forms – Overview
- Price List
- UL Subcontracted Testing Labs
- Submitting a product to evaluation under Schemes I and V:
- Submitting a product to evaluation under Schemes II, III, VI, VII, and VIII:
- Surveillance Process for NOM Certification Program
- Certification Surveillance
- Other certification processes include:
- Issuing a highly specialized equipment dictum
- Ownership extension
- Changes to certificate scope or issued dictum
- Validation letters for custom samples
- Product dictum
- Required documentation
Other important information:
- Legal frame
Our information pack contains full pricing information and more
DESIGN AND USAGE
Do you have more questions on NOM mark Certification? Contact us!
*These procedures cannot be reproduced