Causes of suspension, cancellation or withdrawal of certification
CAUSES FOR CERTIFICATE SUSPENSION
A suspension applies to products previously assessed and those with a Certificate of Conformity issued by UL de Mexico, in the following cases:
- Negative results obtained during the verification process.
- Non-conformities detected attributable to the customer regarding any obligations laid down in the Service Contract and/or requirements set forth in regulatory documents under which the product was assessed.
- Changes detected in the product that were not opportunely notified to UL.
- Verification visit or product sampling not carried out on three successive occasions.
- Non-compliance detected or confirmed of the certified product with applicable requirements under which the product was assessed, during the assessment conducted because of reports or complaints received.
- Suspension of the Management System.
UL de México will notify this situation to the customer in writing asking to take corrective actions and/or make clarifications within the time specified by UL for this purpose. For NOM-010-SESH, certificate (s) will be suspended for a maximum period of 60 calendar days. For NOM-015-SESH, certificate (s) will be suspended for a maximum period of 30 calendar days. In both cases from the date of completion of the audit conducted by the Management Systems Certification Body.
During the suspension period, you may not use the Certificate issued or Marks of Conformity. UL will immediately take the measures required for the customer to suspend the use of such marks. Once the relevant corrections and/or clarifications have been made, UL will verify that they have been effectively implemented through extraordinary inspection visits or supplementary product tests, as the case may be.
CAUSES FOR CERTIFICATE CANCELLATION OR WITHDRAWAL
Cancelling a certificate of conformity or withdrawing a certificate concession is immediately implemented when:
- The customer does not make the required corrections requested by UL de México to remedy the non-compliance detected within the periods defined
- The product does not comply with the characteristics set out in the certificate and/or opinion
- UL proves that certificates or opinions given were tampered and/or forged
- Upon customer’s explicit request by means of prior written notice
- If, as a result of an ownership extension, any of the importers, distributors or marketers misuses the certificate or opinion given, or their commercial relationship with the holder is terminated.
- Misuse of Marks of Conformity
- If the result of a sampled product is negative and the customer does not request the corresponding extraordinary visit within the period defined by UL de México
- If the blank sample is assessed and the negative result is confirmed
- If UL does not receive within the period defined the Product Test Report for the sampled product (Follow-Up Report)
If corrections required to remedy a non-compliance in the terms established have not been made, UL will cancel the respective certificate or opinion and terminate the service with advance notice in writing, without prejudice to the appropriate penalties under Ley Federal sobre Metrología y Normalización (‘LFMN,’ Federal Law on Metrology and Standardization in English), Ley Federal de Protección al Consumidor (Federal Consumer Protection Law in English), and other applicable laws.
In any of the cases above, you may not use the cancelled certificate/opinion or UL-MX NOM Mark, both on the product and product promotion/advertising media. Otherwise, UL will immediately take the measures required for the customer to suspend the use of marks.