March 14th, 2014: Standard Update News
On April 22, 2013 the Official Gazette published the Declaration of use of Mexican standard NMX-J-521/1-ANCE-2012 “Household and Similar Electrical Appliances – Safety – Part 1: General Requirements”.
Effective dates and terms:
|STAGE||CLAUSES / CHAPTERS||EFFECTIVE DATE|
|1||All, except clauses indicate in stages 2, 3 and 4||October 19, 2013|
|2||19.14, 19.15, 22.48, 22.49, 22.50, 22.51, 24.7 and 30.1||April 22, 2014|
|3||19.11.1, 19.11.2, 19.11.3, 22.46 and chapters 14 and 29||April 22, 2015|
|4||188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52||April 22, 2016|
Please consider the following as we move forward with this standard update (Stage 2):
1. Request of product certification received starting April 22nd, 2014 related to NOM-003-SCFI-2000 “Electric Products – Safety Specifications”, Section 2 – Household and Similar Electrical Appliances (NMX-J-521/1-ANCE-2012) standard shall already comply with the requirements indicated in Stage 2 (see above).
2. Test Reports issued towards NMX-J-521/1-ANCE-2012 standard (Stage 1), whether they are related to new certification services or surveillance process (verification), could be submitted and will be received until April 15th, 2014.
3. All corrective actions, clarifications or answers to notifications issued by UL and related to test reports issued to NMX-J-521/1-ANCE-2012 (for projects in analysis stage) may be submitted and will be received at UL until April 15th, 2014.
4. In case you have already received a Compliance Letter issued to confirm compliance with the NMX-J-521/1-ANCE-2012 standard (Stage 1), such letter could be used to re-certify your products under the same standard, as long as:
A) the corresponding request is submitted to UL before April 21st, 2014; or
B) Only if the corresponding requests is submitted to UL after April 21st, 2014 along with the complementary tests of Stage 2.
5. In case you have already received a Compliance Letter issued to confirm compliance with the last edition of this standard (2005), such letter could not be used to re-certify your products. A new application shall be done under new requirements of NMX-J-521/1-ANCE-2012 (Stage 2).
If you need more information about our services, please contact customer services in Mexico (email@example.com) or your local UL representative office. We appreciate your commitment to public safety and the trust and preference that you placed on us and our services.