UL – NOM program scope
UL in México offers several types of services related to compliance evaluation according to different certification schemes or modalities established by Mexican conformity assessment policies and procedures. This includes determining applicable product standards, certifications/dicta, certificate surveillance (follow up), and/or product dictum.
The main services UL offers as a product certification organization are:
- Compliance certification for electronic products according to the following standards:
- NOM-003-SCFI-2000 *
- Certification of compliance for energy efficiency
- Issuing a highly specialized equipment dictum
- Ownership extension – only applies to national or foreign manufacturers
- Changes or modifications to certificate scope or issued dicta including:
- Model extension or cancellation
- Changes to company name, address, legal representative
- Validation letters for customs samples
- Product dictum
- Product family groupings
- Any other type of services related to conformity assessment
UL in Mexico provides product certification according to the Mexican Standards below which are listed in different sections of Mexican Official Standard NOM-003-SCFI-2000 and considered to be related normative documents.
|NMX-J-521/1-ANCE-2005||Household and Similar Electrical Appliances – Safety – Part 1: General Requirements|
|NMX-J-508-ANCE-2010||Wiring Devices – Safety Requirements – Specifications and Test Methods|
|NMX-J-515-ANCE-2008||Industrial Control and Distribution Equipment – General Safety Requirements – Specifications and Test Methods|
Concerning certificate exclusion cases indicated in Section XVI, Article 10, Annex 2.4.1 of NOMs Agreement (see “Exclusions” under “Standards” section), upon request by the interested party, UL may issue a compliance certificate for products operated by electric voltages of 24 V or lower. The interested party must submit the certificate application found under the “NOM PCO Services” section as well as the documents requested for it.