Submitting a product to evaluation under Schemes II, III, VI, VII, and VIII
Required documents and available forms
(Applicable only for first-time certification requests.)
|Two original copies of a service agreement signed by all parties.||L500 NOM|
|Copy of the company’s articles of incorporation and bylaws (or equivalent legal documents), their amendments and translation in Spanish (if applicable).
Legal representative (legal person) power of attorney letter, if not mentioned in the articles of incorporation.
Taxpayer identification card and clearance (for natural person / individual).
|Copy of an official identification card of legal representative / individuals, as well as agents/handlers/intermediaries (if applicable).||X|
|Power of attorney letter for agents or intermediaries (if applicable) signed by the legal representative, stating agents’ names and addresses and specifying that the company and / or individuals are authorized to sign in the company’s name.||X|
|TECHNICAL AND SPECIFIC DOCUMENTATION, BY SCHEME (MODALITIES)||SCHEME|
|1.||Original and copy of filled out and signed application form||42-IC-F0456|
|2.||Test reports by a laboratory subcontracted and / or validated by UL de México||LABORATORY LIST (42-IC-F0448)|
|3.||Preliminary inspection questionnaire.||42-IC-F0409|
|4.||Operation / services instructions and / or manuals.||X||X||X||N/A||X|
|5.||Brochures or pictures of all models, with a definition that allows them to be identified.||X||X||X||N/A||X|
|6.||Installation specifications (if applicable).||X||X||X||N/A||X|
|7.||Technical Specifications Sheet||X||X||X||N/A||X|
|8.||Diagrams of all models (electric, parts, reinforcement, functional, exploded, etc., according to applicable standard).||X||X||X||N/A||X|
|9.||Photocopy of specifications or specification sheets and physical sample / picture if an adapter or external power supply is used.||X||X||X||N/A||X|
|10.||Product marking information (according to current applicable standard) (For non-certified products, prototype label must be shown, including the area where certification marks will be placed).||X||X||X||N/A||X|
|11.||Copy of current quality management system certificate (issued by an accredited authority) that includes scope and certification plan for other plants, with a compliance deadline of two years, at most (if applicable).||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|12.||Original or certified copy of the systems certification report issued by UL de México after a preliminary inspection visit.||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|13.||Certified copy of national / foreign manufacturer’s Articles of Incorporation, written in or translated into Spanish.||N/A||X||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|14.||Written statement issued by the manufacturer stating that samples selected for test dictum are representative of products in current production line.||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|15.||Copy of the Product Dictum for national or foreign manufacturer.||N/A||X||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|16.||Original letter issued by national / foreign manufacturer including product dictum for the national/foreign manufacturer’s product.||N/A||42-IC-F0432||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|17.||Letter issued by the plant stating that it rebuilt the products.||N/A||X||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|18.||Rebuilt Product manufacturing manual.||N/A||X||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|19.||Statement from manufacturer indicating that consumer information complies with NOM-024-SCFI-1998||N/A||X||N/A||N/A||N/A|
- Upon client’s request, Scheme II requires a sample to be selected by UL before submitting it to laboratory tests. If a test report is presented, item 15 is mandatory.
- For Scheme III, items 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14 are not applicable if applicant already has a product dictum.
- For Scheme VIII, test reports are required for all products being certified; family grouping letter does not apply.
- For test result reports arising from a mutual recognition agreement (MRA), original copy of test results report with a validation letter issued by an accredited and approved laboratory on their letterhead stationery, according to current legislations, or a validated test results report (issued by an accredited and approved laboratory regarding the original test results report.)
- Please check if selected laboratory is accredited for all required samples, according to the applicable product standard. In case of using two or more subcontracted or validated laboratories, tests must always apply to the same sample unless reference standards indicate or allow otherwise.
- UL never recommends laboratories where tests can be performed. Interested parties must select their preferred laboratory to perform the corresponding tests. Additionally, it is your responsibility to handle samples properly, follow-up, respond to laboratory-related notifications, and pay for service-related expenses.
- UL may select a laboratory where testing is developed and applied if the case involves a complaint, lawsuit or third-party surveillance.
CRITERIA FOR PRODUCT FAMILY GROUPING
|WIRING DEVICES, LAMPHOLDERS, FUSES, GENERAL PURPOSE SWITCHES|
|CONTROL AND DISTRIBUTION EQUIPMENT|
|NOM-058-SCFI-1999||BALLASTS FOR GAS DISCHARGE LAMPS|
|2.||ELECTRONIC||NOM-001-SCFI-1993||ELECTRONIC HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES THAT RUN ON DIFFERENT ELECTRIC POWER|
|NOM-016-SCFI-1993||ELECTRONIC DEVICES FOR USE IN OFFICE|
|NOM-019-SCFI-1998||SAFETY OF DATA PROCESSING EQUIPMENT|
|3.||ENERGY EFFICIENCY||NOM-032-ENER-2013||EQUIPMENT AND DEVICES THAT DEMAND STAND BY POWER|
Do you have more questions on NOM mark Certification? Contact us!