This Official Mexican Standard applies to electronic and electromechanical devices for use in offices and schools, devices uses to accomplish various task appropiate to those settings. Considered to be such devices are electronic typewriters, copying, and/or duplicating machines for reproducting documentos, lectronic calculators, electronic blackboards, telefacsimile devices, and other devices for use in offices and schools. This Standard applies both to products of Mexican manufacture and to imported products.
This Official Mexican Standard sets forth the safety requirements to be met by, and the testing methods to be employed for, electronic devices for use in offices and schools.
The following are also considered by the Standard in accordance with general criteria in the field of certification:
- Machines fed with sheets of paper where the size is less than or equal to 22 cm x 36 cm (office offset).
- Ink-jet printing machines.
- Electronic and electric typewriting machines with an embedded printing device.
- Electronic calculators, accounting machines, other calculation equipment.
- Electronic diaries or data storage devices.
- Electronic translators.
- Cash registers, point of sales equipment and similar.
- Facsimile devices.
Note: Products powered by voltages of 24 V or lower are also excused, according to Article 10, Annex 2.4.1, NOMs Agreement. However, UL may issue the corresponding compliance certificate upon the client’s request.
Product standards can be found on the Secretary of Economy page dedicated to their standards catalog.