Eficiencia energética de lámparas para uso general. Límites y métodos de prueba (Energy Efficiency for General-Purpose Lamps. Limits and Testing Methods).
Norma Oficial Mexicana (‘NOM,’ Official Mexican Standard in English) NOM-028-ENER-2010 sets out minimum efficiency limits for General-Purpose Lamps intended for lighting in residential, commercial, service, industrial and street lighting sectors, as well as General-Purpose Lamp testing methods.
This NOM applies to General-Purpose Lamps intended for lighting in residential, commercial, service, industrial and street lighting sectors (all those high-intensity discharge lamps, self-ballasted compact fluorescent lamps, linear fluorescent lamps, incandescent lamps, halogen incandescent lamps, and mixed-light lamps) marketed in the country.
This NOM does not apply to Lighting Fixtures having a specific NOM in terms of energy efficiency, or types of lamps having one or more of the following characteristics:
- Black lights, anti-insect lamps, infrared lamps, vehicle-lighting lamps, signaling lamps, mining lamps, plant grow lights, aquarium lights, antifragmentation, traffic lights, lamps with built-in reflector, entertainment lamps, photoprojection lamps, medical or therapy lamps.
- Incandescent Lamps for exclusive use in electrical household appliances, at a power rating less than or equal to 40 W, such as those used in ovens, microwaves, refrigerators, ventilators, extractor hoods, sewing machines, clothes dryers.
- Incandescent Lamps with a rated voltage up to 32 V or lower.
- Left-Hand Thread Triple-Power or Color Light Bulb.
- Decorative Incandescent Lamps, at a power less than or equal to 40 W, such as: candle, flame, crown and globe type, on any type of base.
- Linear Fluorescent Lamps whose length is less than 50 cm, color rendering index (CRI) is equal to or greater than 90, color temperature is above 7 000 K, designed to operate at low temperatures, ultraviolet and other special applications.
- Compact Fluorescent Lamp without integrated ballast, Circular Fluorescent Lamps.
- Low-Pressure Sodium-Vapor Lamps, LED Lamps, and Induction Lamps.
- Double-Ended Quartz Metal Halide Lamps with a protected discharge tube or reflector.
- Ceramic Metal Halide Lamp with a power rating equal to or less than 20 W, with a protected discharge tube or with reflector.
- High-Pressure Sodium-Vapor Lamps with a power rating equal to or less than 50 W, with a reflector or a color rendering index (CRI) equal to or greater than 60.