In Mexico UL offers different types of services related to conformity assessment under the different certification schemes or modalities established in Conformity Assessment Policies and Procedures, the Conformity Assessment Procedure (CAP) for Norma Oficial Mexicana (‘NOM,’ Official Mexican Standard in English) NOM-014-2004, and corresponding NOMs, as applicable. These services go from the definition of an applicable product standard, certification and/or opinion, to verification process (follow-up) of product certificates and/or opinions.
Main services offered as a Product Certification Body (PCB) are listed below:
- Product conformity certification based on NOMs and Normas Mexicanas (‘NMX,’ Mexican Standards in English). For this purpose, UL de México, S.A. de C.V. is accredited and approved.
- Issuance of a Highly Specialized Equipment Opinion, i.e. the one not indicated in Subsection 1.1 of NOM-019-SCFI-1998.
- Ownership extension. This service applies only to domestic or foreign manufacturers.
It does not apply to Energy Efficiency NOMs.
- Changes in or amendments to the scope of certificates and opinions given, such as:
- Extension or cancellation of models (family grouping).
- Changes of company name and/or address.
- Customs sample release letters.
- Product opinions.